Carbon Black, a leader in next-generation endpoint security delivered via the cloud, has announced its participation at the Gulf Information Security Expo and Conference (GISEC 2019) for the fifth consecutive year.
Held at the Dubai World Trade Centre from April 1 to 3, in conjunction with IoTx under the umbrella of The Future of Technology Week, GISEC is the largest cybersecurity show in the region.
At GISEC 2019, Carbon Black will launch its third Global Incident Response Threat Report. Aggregating qualitative and quantitative input from 40 Carbon Black IR partners, this report aims to offer actionable intelligence for business and technology leaders, fuelled by analysis of the newest threats and expert insights on how to stop them.
Among some of the key findings from the report:
- Exactly half (50%) of today’s attacks leverage ‘island hopping’. This means that attackers are not only after an enterprises’ network but all those along the supply chain as well.
- More than half of survey respondents (56%) encountered instances of counter-IR in the past 90 days. A total of 87% have seen this take the form of destruction of logs, while 70% witnessed evasion tactics.
- A total of 70% of all attacks now involve attempts at lateral movement, as attackers take advantage of new vulnerabilities and native operating system tools to move around a network.
- Nearly a third (31%) of targeted victims now experience destructive attacks – an alarming by-product of attackers gaining better and more prolonged access to targets’ environments.
- The financial and healthcare industries remain most vulnerable to these attacks but the threat to manufacturing companies has grown significantly. In the past 90 days, nearly 70% of all respondents saw attacks on the financial industry, followed by healthcare (61%) and manufacturing (59%, up from 41% last quarter).
In addition to launching the report and discussing its implications for local businesses, Rick McElroy, Head of Security Strategy at Carbon Black will also demonstrate his extensive cybersecurity expertise at several speaking engagements at the conference.
On April 1 at 12.30pm, he will host a session titled ‘Flipping the Cyberdefense Equation to Tip the Scales Back in Our Favour’, on the main stage. In this talk he will reveal the reality behind the modern threat landscape and uncover what security teams can do to tip these scales and make attacking their organisation exponentially more difficult.
Right after that session at 2pm on April 1, Rick McElroy will host an incident response deep dive session with select CISOs and executives. During this session he will advise on best practice to cut adversary dwell time in the environment, enabling organisations to reduce the impact of incidents and improve response processes.
Rick will also be hosting several sessions at the Carbon Black booth in which he will discuss ways to redefine endpoint security and stop known and unknown threats through big data analytics.
Rick McElroy, Head of Security Strategy at Carbon Black said: “There are growing concerns around advanced threats across the Middle East and companies in the region are keen to build and maintain strong change management and quality assurance practices to combat cybercriminals.
“During GISEC 2019 I’m particularly looking forward to launching our new research which addresses the growing global threat landscape and also addressing ways in which organisations can redress the balance.”
Jonathan Kane, EMEA Channel Director at Carbon Black, said: “We are extremely excited to be at GISEC again this year to showcase our solutions to the IT security and tech sector professionals in attendance.
“We have somewhere between 130 to 150 customers in the region who we are helping to build and maintain the strong cybersecurity practices needed to avert the advanced threats posed by cybercriminals across the Middle East. Through this ecosystem we are well aware of just how prominent the channel is in this region and are looking forward to updating everybody on the great strides we have made in this space over the past year.”
At GISEC, Carbon Black can be found at stand B-12.Click below to share this article