StarLink, the region’s IT Security specialised value-added distributor hosted its Annual Partner Summit at the prestigious Armani Hotel at Burj Khalifa in the middle of March. Following the phenomenal results of 2016, an extremely successful year for developing and nurturing key partnerships, StarLink continued its focus to empower partners to assist enterprise and government customers in the region achieve data governance, enterprise mobility, security intelligence and visibility with the industry’s best-of-breed IT Security technologies.
The event, themed Partnering for Success, was truly an achievement with participation from over 200 channel partners from across Middle East, North Africa and Turkey. At the event, resellers had the opportunity to engage and network with participating vendors including LogRhythm, Arbor, Ixia, MobileIron, Palo Alto Networks and Centrify. The vendor presentations were informative, providing various product updates, as well as, insight into channel partner programs, in an effort to ensure that the channel is well equipped with essential sales and marketing tools, to drive their business objectives.
A key highlight of the event was the 2017 Partner Appreciation Awards. The categories and award winners are:
- Partner Appreciation Award for IT Security Growth: Etisalat
- Partner Appreciation Award for IT Security Integration: Fireware
- Partner Appreciation Award for IT Security Leadership: Help AG
- Partner Appreciation Award for IT Security Strategy: Injazat Data Systems
- Partner Appreciation Award for IT Security Vision: BARQ Systems
- Partner Appreciation Award for IT Security Focus: STC Solutions
- Partner Appreciation Award for IT Security Partnership: Biznet Bilisim
Nidal Othman, Managing Director at StarLink commented, “StarLink has always been dedicated to its channel partners, and in 2017 we continue to stay committed and loyal by supporting them with resources, cutting-edge technologies and programs to help them achieve autonomy. Our 2017 Partner Strategy surrounds the concept of 5C’s: Cash Margin, Communication, Commitment, Create Value and Competitive.” Othman also added that, “The turnout at the event was a reaffirmation of the trust and faith our partners have placed upon us. We will do everything possible to live up to their expectations.”