PagerDuty, a global leader in digital operations management, has announced PagerDuty for Security Operations.
This solution for security and developer teams introduces a comprehensive set of new and existing security-focused integrations from PagerDuty’s broader partner ecosystem.
Teams can leverage their security tool-chain with PagerDuty’s extensive best practices for security incident response and for sharing security accountability. With PagerDuty for Security Operations, development and operations engineers can now bring security professionals onto a common platform to reduce risk, enabling them to resolve security alerts faster.
To better support the security requirements of its customers, PagerDuty for Security Operations features more than 25 new and existing integrations, across a robust security ecosystem, including:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) (Sumo Logic, LogRhythm, Logz.io, AlienVault an AT&T Company)
- Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) (Demisto, Swimlane, Cybersponse, DFLabs)
- Threat Intelligence, Cloud and Application Security (Twistlock, Threat Stack, Aqua Security, Templarbit, Signal Sciences)
- Endpoint and Network Security, Vulnerability Management (Expel, Nucleus)
- Cloud Compliance (CloudGuard Dome9 from Check Point)
For security operations and security analyst teams, PagerDuty complements and extends their existing security toolchain, allowing them to take immediate action to triage and remediate when critical security vulnerabilities, threats, or breaches are detected across their infrastructure and applications. These automation capabilities maximize the team’s productivity and allows them to elevate their work to the outcomes that matter.
Other benefits for security teams include:
- Faster response by automating the engagement of security, development, operations, legal or other teams via phone/SMS using PagerDuty Modern Incident Response
- Increased situational awareness with PagerDuty Visibility and PagerDuty Event Intelligence. The two features give security teams insight across their environment of operational alerts and active incidents and enables teams to contextualise security alerts and more effectively triage in real time
- Ability to orchestrate better alignment of unplanned work across teams by integrating their security platform into their organisational toolchain for ITSM (ServiceNow, Remedy, Jira, etc.) and chat (Slack, HipChat, Teams, etc.) via PagerDuty’s rich ecosystem of more than 300 integrations
- A better understanding of team health and the impact of noisy security alerts via PagerDuty Analytics and the PagerDuty Operations Health Management Service
PagerDuty for Security Operations also helps DevSecOps, DevOps and shared services teams ‘shift left‘ by improving efficiency and integrating security tools in their production pipeline. PagerDuty tightens the feedback loop on critical security vulnerabilities found in source code, artefacts, tests and scans.
“PagerDuty is already trusted by over 10,500 organisations for DevOps and ITOps. With PagerDuty for Security Operations, we now bring security professionals into the fold to operate in a unified platform to engage in real-time security response,” said Jukka Alanen, Senior Vice President, Business Development and Corporate Strategy at PagerDuty.
“As PagerDuty continues to expand as a cross-functional platform, these teams will greatly benefit from leveraging our growing integrations ecosystem, which already includes over 300 partners.”
Click below to share this article