Veeam reports record 86 per cent YoY increase in ME bookings revenue in Q1 2017
Veeam Software, the provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Always-On Enterprise, has announced another record quarter, fuelled by explosive gains in enterprise and cloud revenues. During Q1 2017, Veeam recorded a 33 per cent YoY increase in total bookings revenue globally, while Enterprise new licence bookings grew 17 per cent annually. Veeam had an even more impressive showing in the Middle East, with an 86 per cent YoY increase in total bookings revenue, with Saudi Arabia followed by the UAE driving most of the growth. The company now has nearly 2,200 customers across the region and over 1,000 ProPartners. Cloud revenue enabled by Veeam Cloud and Service Providers (VCSPs) grew 59 per cent YoY globally, helping enterprises transform their operations to deliver 24.7.365 Availability that users demand in today’s digital world.
Gregg Petersen, Regional Director, Middle East, Africa and SAARC at Veeam Software said, “Availability is central to digital transformation. Veeam is educating regional CIOs and IT managers about the need to transition from legacy backup solutions to high availability datacentre solutions like the Veeam Availability Suite, to make the most of their investments in virtualisation and become always-on, always-available operations. From the latest financial results, it is clear that Veeam is experiencing a great deal of success and accelerated growth in the region, which goes to show that enterprises in the Middle East are embracing Veeam’s innovative approach of delivering availability solutions, which enable SLAs for recovery time and point objectives of less than 15 minutes for ALL applications and data.”
Additional highlights from Q1 2017 include:
- DRaaS and BaaS adoption: The Veeam Cloud Business, which provides service providers with ready-made opportunities to offer Disaster Recover-as-a-Service (DRaaS) and Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS), reported 59 per cent YoY revenue growth.
- Enterprise growth and momentum: At the end of Q1 2017, Veeam counted 74 per cent of the Fortune 500 and 56 per cent of the Global 2000 as customers. Enterprise new licence bookings grew 17 per cent annually.
- 242,000 customers worldwide: Veeam added close to 12,000 total paid customers in Q1 2017, keeping pace with the historical new customer acquisition average of approximately 4,000 per month.
- 13.9 million virtual machines (VMs) are protected with Veeam Availability solutions. More than one million of these VMs are protected via Veeam Cloud Service Providers (VCSPs).
- Partner expansion: Veeam’s 100 per cent commitment to the channel continues to attract new resellers. There are now 47,000 Veeam ProPartners and 15,000 VCSPs globally.
- Expanded executive team: Jeff Giannetti joined Veeam as Vice President of North American Sales from Cleversafe, where he was Senior Vice President of Global Sales. Previously, Jeff spent more than 10 years at NetApp, where he served as Vice President of US Commercial Sales.
- Strengthened alliances: Veeam joined the Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Complete programme. The programme adds Veeam solutions to HPE’s price list so that customers can purchase complete HPE and Veeam solutions directly from HPE and its resellers, providing a one-stop shop for the validated solution. Veeam also launched the only fully integrated Data Protection solution for Cisco HyperFlex, providing the first native snapshot capability for the hyper-converged infrastructure offering.
“It’s no small feat for a company with more than $600 million in annual bookings to deliver 33 per cent growth YoY, and I’m enormously proud of our entire team,” said Peter McKay, President and COO at Veeam. “Looking ahead, we expect continued growth for the remainder of this year, fuelled by new Veeam product releases, joint product offerings with our Alliances partners, further share gains in Enterprise, and Veeam-powered cloud solutions.
“Globally, organisations now recognise they need the 24.7.365 Availability that only Veeam provides. We continue to expand our worldwide Enterprise sales teams to meet that demand, especially in North America and EMEA. These additions will support our customers’ and partners’ strategic digital transformation initiatives.”
Registration is now open for VeeamON 2017, the world’s Premier Hybrid Cloud Availability Event, which will take place between 16-18 May 2017 in New Orleans, LA. Keynote speakers will include Mark Russinovich, Chief Technology Officer for Microsoft Azure, and Sanjay Poonen, COO, Customer Operations, VMware.